My client operate across the UK providing back up power solutions to a diverse range of industries and clients. They are currently recruiting for a Sales Engineer to help develop their client base in the North West.
There has never been a more exciting time to work for this company. As part of their successful and on-going expansion strategy there is a new job opening for a Sales Engineer in the North West. You will be supporting the Depot Manager by generating hire business with an existing and newly generated customer base.
This is a great role for a technically minded and personable engineer with sales experience keen to further their career in a strategic sales position.
Key duties include:
- The production of Generator Hire business through the introduction of new customers; working in conjunction with both the Regional Sales Manager & Depot Manager. Providing cost effective innovative solutions suiting customer requirements.
- Establishing working relationships with existing customer base; increasing revenue by ensuring customer requirements are satisfied.
- Liaison with Assistant Depot Manager & Hire Controller to ensure that an accurate, up to date customer database is maintained.
- Monitoring the quotation register for both won/lost hires and report trends and findings to management.
- Being a source of constant communication with both the Depot Manager & Assistant Manager regarding the utilisation and availability of generators.
- Liaison with other departments regarding opportunities for potential business in sales, service and parts.
- The production of quotes for any enquiries outside standard pricing that requires a site survey or technical input.
To be considered for the position you should have:
- Good organisational and communication skills required
- Strong customer focus with the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Good commercial awareness to ensure that jobs are priced to maximise company profitability in the medium & long term, and identify new business opportunities for the company.
- Relevant sales experience is required in order to establish themselves in the generator hire market.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues in the company and work as part of a team