An exciting opportunity has arisen with the lift engineering sector for a confident individual to join my client’s repairs team in Southampton.
My client is one of the world’s leading elevator companies with unique engineering capabilities. They specialise in designing, building, installing, upgrading and maintaining smart and innovative mobility systems for a wide variety of applications.
The successful candidate for the role of the Lift Repairs Mate will be responsible for;
- Shadowing a lead engineer in completing major and minor repairs to a range of manufactured & third part lift equipment.
- Assisting in small electrical and mechanical tasks as instructed by the qualified engineer.
- Competing a 6 months’ probationary period, after which an NVQ 3 qualification will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Aid the engineer in lift refurbishments & modernisations.
- Attending customers’ sites along the South Coast only.
The ideal candidate for the role of the Lift Repairs Mate will have;
- An electrical or mechanical competency.
- A small amount of experience and understanding of lifts/escalators.
- A keen interest to grow and develop within a global company and progress a career within the industry.
The package for the successful candidate will include;
- A competitive basic salary and overtime rate.
- Incremental pay increases upon completion of the qualification.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Healthcare Plan.
- Cycle to work scheme (42% discount off cycles)
- 30% discount on mobile phone contracts with selected networks.
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 3%
Should you feel you have the skills and experience my client is looking for, and wish to be considered for the role, please submit your application.