An exciting opportunity has arisen with the lift engineering sector for a confident, fully qualified individual to join my client’s maintenance team in Southampton.
My client is one of the world’s leading elevator companies with unique engineering capabilities. They specialise in designing, building, installing, upgrading and maintaining smart and innovative mobility systems for a wide variety of applications.
The successful candidate for the role of the Lift Engineer will be responsible for;
- Attending to regular routine service visits at customers’ sites to perform general checks and maintenance visits on a range of manufactured & third party existing elevators.
- Covering a service route within the Reading & M4 Corridor area.
- Recording any faults, performing minor repairs in order to resolve an issue if possible.
- Advising when a fuller service or major repair is required, and updating work records accordingly.
- Attending to emergency lift breakdowns & trap-ins, resolving the issue on site.
- Taking part in night call on a 1 in 4 basis.
The ideal candidate for the role of the Lift Engineer will have;
- Plenty of experience in performing routine maintenance on a range of lifts.
- An NVQ 3 in Lift Engineering (Service & Repairs)
- A good technical competency with lifts and be able to troubleshoot faults and suggest a suitable fix.
The package for the successful candidate will include;
- A competitive basic salary and overtime rate.
- Night call payments.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Healthcare Plan.
- Cycle to work scheme (42% discount off cycles)
- 30% discount on mobile phone contracts with selected networks.
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 3%
Should you feel you have the skills and experience my client is looking for, and wish to be considered for the role, please submit your application.